Introduction: Problem Statement (1)
- Laos has the lowest % of GDP expenditure on social protection
(only 0.1% for persons of active age & close to 0% for children) in Asia & the Pacific (avg. 38.9%) [ILO Social Protection Database].
- According to LSIS (2017) & Census 2015:
– children aged 5-17, Only 10.3% are covered by health insurance.
– children aged 5-17, about 43% are involved in child labour & 28% work under hazardous conditions.
– adolescents aged 10-19, more than10,000 are living with disabilities.
– children aged 11-14, about 17% and adolescents aged 15-17, about one-third are out of school.
– adolescents aged 10-19, at most 95% in school have no any financial/material support.
Introduction: Problem Statement (2)
- High adolescent birth rate
[42.6% of prevalence rate of anaemia in girls aged 15-19]
- Low education attainment
[41.8% of girls aged 15-17 are out of school]
- High Child labour rate
[42.4% of girls aged 5-17]
Read more click DOWNLOAD